“Let us use our creativity to explode the truth in the face of the nation.” – Justin Dart, Jr.
City of Portland Disability Program & Office of Equity and Human Rights present:
Lives Worth Living: Film & Discussion
HELP PLAN DACP’S BIANNUAL PORTLAND REELABILITIES FILM FESTIVAL!
Photo by Nikki Lane
DACP’s biannual Portland ReelAbilities Disability Film Festival is coming up in the spring of 2018. ReelAbilities is a national organization dedicated to sharing the stories, lives and art of people with disabilities. It consists of award-winning films of the highest cinematic and artistic quality and is hosted in cities across the country including Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Boston, Houston and many more. We are excited to bring these films back to Portland!
We need YOUR help – volunteer with our planning committee to be a part of this important event!
- Screen and rate films, make recommendations for inclusion in our festival
- Attend planning / production meetings
- Follow up with individual tasks and report back to the committee in a timely manner
- Commit to participation through the event date in May 2018
- Active committee members are essential to the success of the event. The committee will be expected to actively contribute
- Be familiar with proud disability culture or willing to learn about it
- Understand disability justice as part of civil rights and intersectional social justice
- Be willing to accommodate access needs
For more information, or to let us know your interest in the planning committee, contact DACP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use our tabs above to navigate, or follow these links:
To learn about DACP’s history, mission, staff and volunteers, and commitment to intersectional disability justice, click on “About Us.”
To contact DACP staff and volunteers, click “Contact.”
To learn about Inclusive Arts Vibe, click here. Find information about classes, Inclusive Arts Vibe Dance Company, upcoming IAVDC performances, and fundraisers to support our youth dancers. Check out the links to videos of past performances!
Click on “Events” to learn about DACP’s upcoming events, including our biennial Disability Pride Art and Culture Festival.
To find out more about how you can support DACP’s work, whether with financial support, volunteer time, spreading the word about us to your community, or donating an item on our wish list, click “Support Us.”
Check out our Facebook page for pictures, videos, and more casual communication with our community.