Photo by Andrea Lonas
REAL:Reject Economic Ableist Limits, a project of the Disability Art and Culture Project, presents: Dis/Representation: Evolving Disability Conversations.
March 31, 2018
PCC Cascade Campus
Cascade Hall Room 209*
705 N Killingsworth St, Portland, OR 97217
This event is free and open to the public.
REAL promotes economic justice and advances disability justice by addressing systemic barriers to employment, fostering cross-disability leadership, and building partnerships. REAL prioritizes voices of disabled people with our multiple identities, who experience the brunt of such injustice. We are building a statewide disability justice coalition.
Local Disabled activists and leaders will speak on their perspectives and experience with Disability justice and Disability pride, takeaways from the Disability Culture and Justice Leadership Institute including the 10 principles of Disability Justice, intersectionality, and leadership of those most impacted, movement building, and how it impacted sense of agency and life choices. Presenters are graduates of REAL:Reject Economic Ableist Limits’ 2017-18 Disability Justice and Culture Leadership Institute. This event marks the completion of their practica in economic justice.
Stay tuned for the 2018-19 Disability Justice and Culture Leadership Institute! Workshops led by local Disabled leaders and activists begin this fall, followed by winter practica.
Remote participation is available for this event. Click here for instructions to join via your computer and/or phone.
Accommodations available upon request:
– ASL Interpreters
– Audio Description
– Real-Time Captioning (CART)
– Alternate Formats
Parking & Transportation:
- PCC Cascade is served by Trimet Line 72
- Download a map of PCC Cascade including accessibility information for buildings and parking.
- Please note that PCC visitors parking a vehicle are required to purchase and display a permit. Parking costs $2 for two hours. When attending PCC events, please refrain from parking on neighborhood streets
- *Cascade Hall is located off Jessup St, between Mississippi and Albina. It is across from the Student Union. See our website for a map that includes accessibility info for buildings and parking. Cascade Hall has a large sign by the front entrance to the building. However, it is a new building, and some physical campus maps onsite may not include it.