Photo by Nikki Lane
Calling Local Disabled Artists: The Portland ReelAbilities Disability Film Festival is now accepting visual art submissions!
Submissions are due Monday, April 9, 2018.
The Disability Art and Culture Project (DACP) invites you to submit artwork for inclusion in an exhibit in the City Hall Atrium, as part of the second biennial Portland ReelAbilities Disability Film Festival.
The exhibit will be on display April 16 – April 20, 2018.
If your artwork is accepted, you will be responsible for delivering your work on April 16 between 11am and 1pm to City Hall, and picking your work up on Monday, April 23 between 11am and 1pm. If you need an accommodation for delivery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Local: Artists must live in the Tri-county area
– Disability made: Artwork must be made by people with Disabilities
– 2D or 3D visual media (painting, photography, printmaking, drawing, collage, fiber art, sculpture). This call is primarily for 2D work, though there is limited space for 3D displays as well
– Dimensions must be under 36″x36″. However, some exceptions may be made, dependent on space availability
– Artwork must be ready to hang
– If artwork is accepted, artists are responsible for providing their own labels with artist name, title of piece, and price (optional). Any arrangements for the sale of art to take place solely between artist and buyer.
– Email up to 5 images to email@example.com by Monday, April 9 at midnight
– Images must be in .jpg format
– Images should be no larger than 2MB each
– Include dimensions and a title for each piece
– Include your name and phone number in the email
– Artworks put in the exhibit, if accepted, must be the same as those pictured in your submission photographs
More about the Portland ReelAbilities Disability Film Festival:
The Portland ReelAbilities Film Festival is a partnership between DACP and national film festival ReelAbilities. ReelAbilities is dedicated to sharing the stories, lives and art of people with disabilities. It consists of award-winning films of the highest cinematic and artistic quality and is hosted in cities across the country. We are excited to bring these films back to Portland!
Unlike other film festivals, all our films are captioned, and we provide audio description and ASL interpreters at film showings.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Portland Reelabilities Disability Film Festival is made possible by our partners:
Thank you to our sponsors: