Happy New Year! Disability Art and Culture Project is busy planning our next fundraiser and we need your help!
This March we are holding a family art auction to raise funds for the Inclusive Arts Vibe Dance Company (IAVDC) performance. We are grateful for a grant from the Regional Arts & Culture Council to fund this event, but it is not enough.
We need to raise $7000 more to cover the following:
- $4000 for costumes
- $500 for photography and editing
- $1000 for performance videography and editing
- $1000 for publicity
- $500 for set design and props
Our art auction will include art made by children, youth, and adults. To accomplish this we will be holding two free art making events for children and youth to create art for us to auction at the fundraiser.
Fundraisers require a lot of planning and many worker bees. We are looking for individuals to join our fundraising committee who can take on multiple tasks to assist with planning and production of the event.
Committee duties include, but are not limited to:
- Finding a free or low-cost space for the event
- Getting art donations
- Getting food and drink donations
- Publicizing the event: Outreach to friends, colleagues and contacts in person, by email and through social media, poster distribution, posting on event calendars, etc.
- Working at the event itself (set up and clean up, taking tickets, etc.).
The more volunteers we have, the easier it will be to accomplish our goals!
Or support our work financially: