Photo by Nikki Lane
DACP’s biannual Portland ReelAbilities Disability Film Festival is coming up in the spring of 2018. ReelAbilities is a national organization dedicated to sharing the stories, lives and art of people with disabilities. It consists of award-winning films of the highest cinematic and artistic quality and is hosted in cities across the country including Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Boston, Houston and many more. We are excited to bring these films back to Portland!
We need YOUR help – volunteer with our planning committee to be a part of this important event!
- Screen and rate films, make recommendations for inclusion in our festival
- Attend planning / production meetings
- Follow up with individual tasks and report back to the committee in a timely manner
- Commit to participation through the event date in May 2018
- Active committee members are essential to the success of the event. The committee will be expected to actively contribute
- Be familiar with proud disability culture or willing to learn about it
- Understand disability justice as part of civil rights and intersectional social justice
- Be willing to accommodate access needs
For more information, or to let us know your interest in the planning committee, contact DACP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out Portland ReelAbilities 2016: http://portland.reelabilities.org